We are happy to offer you a beginner’s climbing course at the climbing gym in Bensheim (High Moves – Beginner’s Course) again this year!
The course is held in two parts on 08/03/2016 and 09/03/2016. We meet at ESOC at 17:45 (sharp!) on both nights and drive to Bensheim.
What will I learn?
- Safety instructions, e.g. how to put on the harness correctly, the right knots, partner check.
- Belaying of another climber, e.g. how to safely belay, take in (hold in position), and lower people.
- Basic fall training into the rope, for the climber and belayer.
With this knowledge you’ll be able to participate in the coming club nights and safely belay other climbers, and in turn they belay you.
- ESOC Climbing Club Membership (internal: €25, external €35)
- Beginner’s Course Fee (€15)
- Availability on 08/03/2016 and 09/03/2016 evenings
You can bring equipment you have (e.g. climbing shoes, harnesses, belaying devices) along as well. Otherwise it will be provided as part of the course.
How to participate?
- Write me an e-mail that you’re interested.
- If you’re new to the club, please fill out the Membership Form and transfer the total amount of €40 (internal) or €50 (external) to the club’s bank account.
If you’re already a member, please transfer the additional beginner’s course fee of €15 to the club’s bank account.
Your registration to this course is final when the fee is transferred.
- Join us on 08/03/2016 and 09/03/2016 in front of ESOC at 17:45 respectively.
The 09/03/2016 will also be a regular club night for club members, so there’s an opportunity for the new climbers to meet the others and vice-versa.